Legal and social counseling
About the service
Our goal is to provide free support to migrants, irrespective of their residence permit or origin, living in the territory of the City of Prague, in solving various life situations. Based on previous appointment, we offer social and legal counseling provided by qualified and experienced practitioners. Social workers focus on professional social counseling, counseling for families with children and also field social work in the territory of Prague. Lawyers specialize in residential legislation.
Consultations take place in Czech language or in other languages according to the abilities of the particular advisor.
Social and legal counseling is by previous appointment only. E-mail consultations are not provided!
Provides help, support and possible assistance with the following:
- housing (searching for housing, negotiating with landlords, checking lease contracts)
- career (writing a CV, cover letter, job search, etc.)
- financial situation (social security – allowances, pension, sickness benefits)
- health care and health insurance
- education (studies, nostrification, retraining)
- residence in the Czech Republic (basic information)
- negotiations with authorities and other institutions
- mediation of related services
- searching for housing, dealing with property owners, return of security deposit, checking lease contracts, etc.
- assistance with registration at the labor office
- help with writing a CV or cover letter, finding a suitable job or help with changing jobs
- applications for benefits in material need or state social support
- help with filling in application forms (social benefits, residence in the Czech Republic, etc.)
- search for doctors, registration with doctors or medical facilities, health insurance
Social counseling focusing on families with children
In the area of counseling, we offer support to parents in solving current needs and problems of the family, we help with school attendance (searching for schools, communication with the school, providing interpreting, tutoring, etc.) and with providing for leisure activities for children (information regarding extracurricular activities and institutions, searching for suitable groups according to the child’s interests and talents, helping with the financing).
- dealing with schools or educational institutions, authorities, doctors and other institutions
- dealing with behavioural and educational problems of children and youth
- dealing with the financial situation of the family (employment, housing, debts, social benefits)
- dealing with critical family or relationship situations
- searching for Czech language courses for children and parents
- providing for educational and leisure programs for children and youth
- finding volunteers for regular individual tutoring
- providing for interpreting
Individual consultations on the following issues
- residence in the Czech Republic
- family, labor, civil, administrative and social law
- mediation of follow-up (paid) legal services
- if necessary, we will help you with the processing of legal filings (especially extensions of deadlines, inactivity of administrative authorities, appeals, lawsuits, criminal complaints, etc.)
- long-term visa applications and long-term residence permits and their extensions (eg. family reunification, work card, study;
- applications for temporary and permanent residence and extension of validity of such residence cards;
- inactivity of administrative authorities in residential proceedings;
- revocation of residence permits;
- fulfillment of other obligations of foreigners associated with their stay in the Czech Republic;
- family relationships (determination of paternity, marriage, divorce, alimony);
- employment (work permit, non-payment of wages, employment contracts);
- entrepreneurship (registration of trade, participation in commercial companies);
- civil relations (tenancy contracts for housing, debts and receivables).
When and where is the service provided and how can I make an appointment?
- We provide consultancy in our office at Krumlovská 527/4, Prague 4, and also at Legerova 50, Prague 2.
- You can make an appointment for our consultation either by phone, e-mail or personally, using the contact details below. Depending on your situation, you will be provided with a free consultation, with a social worker, or a lawyer.
- Please note that depending on our capacity, waiting time may be longer than 1 week, especially for legal counseling.
WHAT WE DO NOT PROVIDE WITHIN THE SERVICE
- Remote consultancy (e-mail, telephone) without prior registration
- Representation by proxy
- Financial loans
- Legal services
InBáze Community Center
Address: Legerova 357/50, 120 00, Praha 2 – Vinohrady
Phone: (+420) 739 037 353 (Čj, Aj, Rj)
Monday 9:00 – 13:00 (psychological counseling by appointment – capacity filled!)
Tuesday 9:00 – 13:00 (social and legal counseling without an appointment (low-threshold counseling)
Friday 11:00- 13:30 (cancelled during lockdown!)
legal advice without an appointment, pro bono
Office of Social and Legal Department InBáze
Address: Krumlovská 527/4, 140 00, Praha 4 – Michle (entrace Sedlčanská)
Phone: (+420) 739 037 353 (Čj, Aj, Rj),
Monday 8:00 – 16:00
Tuesday 9:00 – 16:00
Wednesday 9:00 – 16:00
Thursday 9:00 – 17:00
Friday 9:00 – 17:00*
*counseling is not provided one Friday each month
Mgr. Lucie Ouředníková
Mgr. Františka Dynková
Field social work, social counseling (CZE, EN, RU)
phone: (+420) 739 578 343
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Bc. Dinara Akhmetova
Mgr. Tomáš Zvoníček
Mgr. Šimon Šmíd
Mgr. Tomáš Verčimák
To contact legal advisors, please use the telephone number at the reception (CZ, EN, RU): +420 739 037 353
DOCUMENTS TO DOWNLOAD
Social and legal counseling takes place within the framework of:
- registered social services “InBáze, z. s. – Professional social counseling” (identifier 7998175), and “InBáze, z. s. m. Prahy “(identifier 6141389) and it is provided in accordance with Act no. 108/2006 Sb., on Social Services, as amended, and Decree No. 505/2006 Sb., implementing certain provisions of the Social Services Act.
- Project „InBáze, z. s. – Support for the integration of foreigners in the territory of the Capital City of Prague “within the ESF Employment Operational Program of the project “InBáze 2020 Community Center II” within the ESF Operational Program Employment